November 7, 2017 Consolidated Municipal, School and Special District Election
Election Materials Courier Application Form
Become an Election Materials Courier!
Working as an Election Materials Courier (Courier) is an important part of making the election process work efficiently. We are always looking for people to assist on Election Day. We recruit and train as many as 250 Couriers depending on the size of the election.
Courier teams include one Driver and one Attendant.
- Minimum Age – Drivers and Attendants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Driver Requirement – Drivers must have a good driving record and a vehicle that can be securely locked.
- Hours – The polling places close at 8:00 p.m. Assignments are estimated to last 2.5 hours from 8:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. but may last longer.
- Compensation – A stipend of $50.00 each is paid for Drivers and Attendants. Mileage reimbursement will be paid to Drivers for miles driven on Election Night at the rate of $0.535 per mile.
- Training – Drivers and Attendants are required to attend a training class for which an additional stipend of $15 will be paid if you serve on Election Day.
Please click the button below to view the job description for additional information and requirements. If you’d like to serve, please complete the application below, call 650.312.5222 or email Kenny Lin at email@example.com.
|Drivers:||$50.00 and Mileage Reimbursement at a rate of $0.535 per mile|
|Note:||County employees will receive payment through payroll check|
To ensure the secure and efficient return of election materials to the Registration & Elections Division after the close of polls.
- Each team is required to call the Registration & Elections Division on Election Day between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to confirm their attendance that night.
- Each team is to report to their first assigned location at 8:00 p.m.
- Each team is to offer assistance to the Poll Workers.
- Each team is to pick up election materials from their assigned Polling Places.
- Each team must update the Registration & Elections Division on the following: (1) departure from a polling place and (2) if any problems arise.
- Once all assigned materials are collected and reported to the Registration & Elections Division, each team is to deliver the materials to:
Registration & Elections Division
40 Tower Road
San Mateo, CA 94402
- Assignments are estimated to last 2.5 hours from 8:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. but may last longer.
- Drivers must have: (1) a good driving record; (2) a vehicle that locks (no open trucks); and (3) a vehicle that has the ability to carry at least six (6) 24” suitcases. Each team will pick up at least two sets of election materials. The actual box dimensions are:
- Red Supply Case: 24” Wide x 21” High x 11” Deep
- White JBC Box: 21” Wide x 16” High x 9” Deep
- Blue Ballot Box: 18” Wide x 18” High x 10” Deep
- Couriers are expected to have the ability to:
- Follow instructions
- Lift up to 35 lbs
- Communicate effectively
- Behave in a professional manner
- Provide excellent customer service